The one-and-only Oprah has come up with her all time favourites of her own "What I know for sure", a monthly column in her O Magazine. Here are the top twenty that Oprah herself lives by, she clearly has thought this thru over the years.
Some of you may have read this list here before, since I´m actually reposting this list...I´m having a cold and actually just want to put myself back under the duvet...anyway, it´s still a happy Monday and these quotes are worth rereading I figured...
If I had to choose only five of those, I think I would choose; 2, 9, 11,14, 16. Do you have any favourites?
1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.
2. You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
11. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn't lie.
12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
13. Let passion drive your profession.
14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
15. Love doesn't hurt. It feels really good.
16. Every day brings a chance to start over.
17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
18. Doubt means don't. Don't move. Don't answer. Don't rush forward.
19. When you don't know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
20. "Trouble don't last always."
[Text source; Oprahs newsletter via e-mail. Image via Pinterest, further source unknown]