The fabulous Huffington Post recently shared five tips for how to get out your mind, and into happiness. Because this is really what it´s about, getting out of your mind for a while. As Zen teacher Alan Watts said; "We all need to go out of our minds at least once a day. By going out of our minds we quickly come to our senses." I totally agree with this. Here are five highly effective ways from Ed and Deb Shapiro to help you go out of your mind and in to happiness, as told to Huffington Post where you can read the whole article:
1. Pay attention By being mindful, you can witness the madness of your mind without identifying with or becoming it; you see that who you are is more than just your thoughts and feelings.
2. Make friends with fearBeing fearful of fear keeps it an enemy, while befriending it turns it to fearlessness.
3. Forgive yourselfIt's natural to make mistakes; none of us get it right all the time. Forgiving yourself for being human enables you to let go and move on more quickly.
4. Turn shit into gold Transform difficult or dark times into rich experiences that generate greater insight and wisdom.
5. Meditate daily, even for five minutesIt really will change you from being a victim of your own mind into a victor.